12/9/09

Blog Challenge 2009

I'm going to try my hand at answering some of the Best of 2009 Blog Challenge Questions between now and the new year only because I get so much out of other people's answers (like here and here) and I'm at what feels like a crossroads in many areas of my life. Rather than fret about the future and the unknown I'd like to focus some energy on learning from this year.

Also fair warning that this blog might get a little more woo woo for a little while. Hope you can handle it and stick with me!

Today's Topic: Challenge
Something that really made you grow this year. That made you go to your edge and then some. What made it the best challenge of the year for you?

This year was all about saying yes to opportunity and I reached a limit where it started to hurt me being stretched in so many directions. I'm at a place where I need to say no to some things in order to say yes to others. In some ways it has become too easy to just say yes to requests without being thoughtful about why or how I was going to accomplish something. 2008 was a slow year and 2009 has been like two years in one. I'm at the biggest part of the challenge now, facing scaling back in order to focus in on what truly matters in my life. It can be really scary to make these decisions (what if I make the wrong one, etc) but I know that on the other side is freedom, more sleep, and ultimately being able to be more present and more happy in my life.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Is there a "Like" button? :-)