12/9/09

Modernist Gingerbread Houses


All day I felt like it was starting to look a lot like Christmas. I made some homemade chai this morning (just boil cloves, cardamom and cinammon sticks on the stove for about 10 minutes and add a bit of loose leaf green tea at the end. Then add a splash of milk and some sugar) and then let the spices boil on the stove for a while. It filled the house with a really christmasy smell. Plus it's cold outside, like colder than it's been this year. So I want to stay at home and nest and wrap presents and make gingerbread houses like these Modernist Ones on Apartment Therapy.

3 comments:

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

COLD up here in San Luis Obispo too..had a fire all day..green tea with orange and milk this morning...( with a baby Hostess donut...I couldn't help buying these the other day..it's Christmas..and I've been wanting them all year)....

love your geingerbread house..modern-style.

stayed home and nested all day here too..so cozy...and warm....

captain kk said...

that house is awesome!!

Mlle Paradis said...

love the house!