12/17/09

Blog Challenge 2009: Best Place


• France: All the incredible memories I have of my grandmother, genevieve. I wasn't able to be there for the funeral in August, but I have so many many memories of her generosity, her love, her enthusiasm for the moment and for interesting things to pick up in the street. I'm so glad I got to spend time with her in my life. She has a place in me.

• The kitchen and all the moments stolen in the kitchen when maybe I didn't have much time but I was able to create a meal, a cobbler, a salad, some cookies, a new drink concoction.


• At home with coco before she left.


• At home the day I brought hazel home.


Ace Hotel and Sim Club, Palm Springs with E, Louis and Em. One of the best weekends ever. It was so hot, the hotel was empty ish and the food was delicious. We swam, ate, drank and just slowed way down.

• In Oregon and the moments I was able to spend with Aunt Christine. And the moment I was able to tell her how much I loved her before I had to say good bye.

I realize most of the 'places' that meant a lot to me this year were thoughtful, painful or creative. They made my life richer with meaning or just brought pure joy.

1 comment:

Joan said...

Laure,

I love this post. Thanks for sharing the highlights of your year with us.

So many memories and so much to look forward to.

Happy Holidays & Peace

Joan G.