4/7/10

My Little Office Update


Despite positive reviews for my little office, I did a swaparoo to accommodate a little credenza I found at the salvation army and painted with leftover paint from the kitchen. I love it, though it's sort of so small that it's not that practical for storing the boxes I have full of decorations, supplies and photographs.





I paired it with Elliott's pelican, a poster I found at a store in Portland for $4, a thrift store print of Mt. Hood and the portraits of my grandmothers that I love so. I'm also trying out a succulent I had sitting outside. Not sure if there's enough light in there. And, of course, Hazel likes to squeeze herself in anywhere she can.

Anywho, I put it against the wall that the desk use to be against and now the desk is on the other side, though it needs some major tlc so it doesn't look so sad and alone over there.



I'd like a nice chair to cuddle up in next to it. And I'm still searching for the rug that went missing after our move because I think it would be perfect for covering up the wall to wall.

I love this little room. It clearly used to be a sleeping porch that someone walled in at some point. But it feels like a little tree house. In another life, this would be my bedroom.

7 comments:

Olivia said...

Nice corner withe a little french touch :*)

abby jenkins said...

I covet your office! and those photos of your grandmother are priceless!! Now back to work...

Juniper said...

What a nice space! It begs for calm clear thinking. Really like the close up photo of your cat, a nice mix of colours and shapes.

Elsie Lau said...

If only my husband would let me convert our "used to be outdoor porch turned sunroom" into a similar personal haven... for now, it's just a catchall. love your space!

http://elauinc.blogspot.com/2010/03/sunroom-wall-planters.html

twin xl said...

Looks really good :) Btw, love your sweet kitty!

Anonymous said...

adorable! What kind of chair are you looking for? I wonder if I can help you find one? Let me know what style you like and I will see what I can find in Portland.

Unknown said...

Just wondering...what kind of cat is that?? Its so cute and wild-looking!


love the space too.