4/13/09

Gjelina

One of my favorite places to eat in Venice is the very hip, Gjelina. The food is all farmer's market inspired so the menu changes depending on what's in season. And just generally, it's delicious. This weekend I met up with my family and we all got something different.

Heirloom spinach salad with feta and olives.

Mussels with toasty toasts.

Poached eggs on a bed of lentils and cooked frissé.

Whatever this was called: garbanzo beans, israeli cous cous, harissa and just lots of yummy herbs.

I feel inspired to make it all--simple but with complex enough flavors that it really makes you feel full.

10 comments:

Shelley Noble said...

What gorgeous looking delicious sounding food!

Mixing Bowl Mama said...

This is my kind of food...thanks for sharing the photos.

Craft Boutique said...

Wow that looks AMAZING. The Garbanzo beans and musssels just look to die for! Did it all taste as good as it looks?

http://icraft.ca/craft_boutique

kidshaus.typepad.com said...

Your photos are making my mouth water! My husband and I just stayed with good friends who live several blocks from that restaurant, so we ate there and LOOOVED it. We live in Seattle but I honestly get subtle cravings for their food when I think of Venice. I can't wait to go back someday.

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

Fabulous photos - I can smell and taste the food!

laure said...

I'm so glad you guys like the pictures. Now all I need to do is learn to make food like this at home!

Down Comforter said...

My mouth is watering :) Those mussels look sooo yummy.

loving. living. small. said...

love this place! ate there a few weeks ago and also took photos of the food.

Anonymous said...

We tried calling you this past weekend to get the name and directions to this place after you recommended it. Now I know :)

Gjelina Restaurant said...

Gjelina was designed by Studio Peel and Modern Arc Inc (owned by Crystal Wynn and Milo Garcia) 310 255 0982.