3/20/09

Lest you think I'm always tidy



Here's my desk at the bf's--the dining room table. I get use of it during the day and then clean it off for dinner time. Last week though I was so burnt out that this is what it looked like and how I worked and ate on it for a couple days. Note the kids' placemats with crusted cereal and the dead flowers. Nice touches, right? Also why is there a hairbrush and aloe on the table next to where I'm eating? I know.

But I don't think it's any secret that I secretly love this kind of messiness. It's got color, texture, isn't a total gross out and can be cleaned pretty rapidly.

7 comments:

Laura said...

You think that's messy?! Boy have I got a table to show you!:)

BF said...

Amen

Carolyn said...

even your messiness looks awesome ;-)

Fifi Flowers said...

You should see MY table... yours is PRISTINE and stylish!
ENJOY this BEAUTIFUL day in LA!!!
Fifi

PJ said...

Seriously, the color palette to your 'mess' is fantastic! It has a crisp, bright spring zing! You're a master!

Anonymous said...

I'm interested in that article "The Collapse of Manufacturing"

laure said...

I guess I'm tidier than I thought, or too house vain to show the real messes?