7/10/08

Beyond the Lawn


I've been reading Attack on the Front Lawn, so stumbling onto Yvette Roman's blog Beyond the Lawn is perfect. She's basically created an entire vegetable garden in her front yard in Mar Vista and it's stunning. She also made apricot jam recently and I'm totally inspired (it's the whole boiling the jars part that I get hung up on).

I found her through Design Sponge, here are some pictures of her house:




Also, did I mention that Yvette was my photo mentor in high school? She even gave me her twin reflex camera when I graduated. I still have it! She's always been an inspiration to me, I'm going to email her now to get back in touch!

1 comment:

huebscher said...

amazingly, you don't have to boil them to heat-sterilize the glass...just bake (clean) jars at 250 for 10-15 minutes. Or 30-40 if you're a germ freak like me.

changed. my. life. ☺