6/21/08

Breakfast Without Dad and Keeping it Simple and Inspired

My Dad went back to France and he sent me this picture of his morning breakfast in Paris. I love that I have French blood in me because even though I didn't grow up in France, I've spent a lot of time there and it's where I realized that I love beautiful things and so do a lot of other people. I love the idea of living a good life day to day.

You could probably tell from my posts over on Apartment Therapy that I'm big into keeping things simple and trying to keep the focus on staying organized. I started this blog as a sort of mix between style at home and the more personal needs that home fulfills. So recently I've been reading a lot fewer design blogs and a lot more lifestyle ones. Wanted to share a couple of articles that I really got a lot out of:

I love the Happiness Project (thanks rowena!) and Gretchen does tips every wednesday that are simple and easy to remember. One of my favorites is 20 things to do to reduce your daily stress level.

I also love Zen Habits and had trouble choosing which article to feature, but recently I read Email Zen: Clearing out your inbox and it motivated me to get on top of 4 out of control inboxes and I feel much much better.

Unclutterer had this great guest post on decluttering, keeping it simple and finances.

I'll leave it at that for today. Do you have any tips for how to enjoy the day? Is it cooking? spending time with people? Organizing? taking a trip? I'm curious how you make the most of your day: is it activity or attitude that determines what kind of a day you have?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say it's attitude. My lifestyle motto is simple, good, beautiful. I've designed my home environment for maximum comfort and pleasure and so it de-stresses me. I've long lived by that basic rule of not having anything in my home that I don't love and use. I like to think of my home as a "barefoot" home, where time does not exist (no wall clocks) and where I don't have to do anything I don't want to do.

And I must say Laure, I can recognize your AT posts just from the title and photo. I've guessed right 100% of the time!

laure said...

Thanks Rowena. I love the idea of a barefoot home, it really says it all. and no clocks! What a great idea.

Stacy said...

Cooking is calming, but french breakfast is even better.