12/28/07

Photo LA 2008

Oh boy, here comes the latest photo extravaganza: The 17th Annual International Los Angeles Photographic Art Exposition, aka Photo LA, will be taking place from Thursday, January 10 - Sunday, January 13, 2008 at Barker Hanger, Santa Monica.

Normally this is a great one stop shop for what's going on in the fine art world of photography (or at least an idea of what's selling, so...). i love to spend an afternoon just wandering the aisles and this year should be even more exciting since it'll be at Barker Hanger. Some of the artists I'm interested in checking out are:

Alex Prager




Erwin Olaf and his 'Grief' series





It would seem that plenty of people have been very influenced by Cindy Sherman. It's not a bad thing, just an observation.

I'm also loving the photographs Michael Muller (also represented by LA gallery M+B) is doing of LA:




And although these aren't photographs, Jo Ann Callis used to only do photographs and now she paints from them (a la Gerhard Richter but with more mundane subject matter--which in my mind is a plus):



So all in all I can't wait. Plus I always see something that inspires me to pick up my camera and make some of my own art.

No comments: