1/11/10

New House Inspiration



We picked out paint colors (it was epic) for the house and it should be all painted by the end of the week (except for the kitchen which I plan to paint either a dark grey or black and will do myself so that the landlords don't freak out right away). Here are some of the images I was pulling from for inspiration.

Overall I wanted to keep the walls a nice soft grey, darker in the dining room, kitchen and master bedroom (which is by no means master sized) so that I can throw in colorful accessories for an accent but will have nice contrast between the wood floors, grey walls and white trim. it's the quickest I've ever chosen colors for an entire house. Normally I agonize, but I'm getting a lot faster at decision making and knowing what I want. I also know it's just paint ;)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, when you said you wanted to paint the kitchen black I was a little astounded, but seeing those images I can see that it would be very striking with all of those white cabinets...I think you should definitely go for the black!

Anonymous said...

Laure, what is that gray in the bedroom photo? I want to paint mine that shade.

Love your new place and miss you.

Chris

Leslie said...

Hi Laure,

That bedroom photo's from DeanStreet, on Door Sixteen:

http://www.doorsixteen.com/2009/12/26/black-walls-again/

Looking forward to seeing pics of your newly painted home!

heartbreakingly beautiful said...

yeehaw! so exciting!

Martel Catalano said...

i miss domino :( :(

Tania Welch || indobay said...

I miss Domino too! I'm also thinking about painting our already blue/grey dining room a more grey color. Thanks for the inspiration! :)

-Tania

Debra said...

I just found your wonderful blog the inspirations for your kitchen are good. I never thought about black walls for a kitchen but after seeing your pictures and inspiration I can see that. I will be back to visit again.

Home Decor said...

Nice blog.. thanks for sharing this information with us

Home Decor said...

Nice blog.. thanks for sharing this with us

Vroomsi said...

Find the Best Properties for Rent Easily. Our services are designed to help you connect with responsible landlords who provide you with properties that are suited to your needs. Moreover, our application services are free, so you don’t need to worry about the costs. So, if you are looking for vacant rental apartments or trying to find condo vacancies in Canada, then all you need to do is opt for Vroomsi. Waste no time; create a user profile and scroll through listings in your preferred location to find the perfect home today.

TenChek said...

TenChek provides the best leasing suite services to make your renting process much more manageable. By providing online credit reports for landlords combined with rental history data, we ensure that you can remain stress-free throughout the process of selecting the best tenant for your property. We also help in tracking applications so you can sit back and relax while we find you the perfect tenant that won’t cause you any worries in the future. So, opt for the best tenant screening services today and streamline your leasing process.