4/6/09

Joshua Tree


Went camping over the weekend in Joshua Tree. Oh how I had forgotten how much I love to camp! Scrambling over rocks, eating hot dogs and s'mores, freezing in your sleeping bag and getting as dirty as you want. What a lovely break. Can't wait to do more this summer. You can see a bunch of the photos here.

We camped in Jumbo Rocks campground (don't need a reservation) and it's right dab in the center of the park. We mainly just climbed around and enjoyed the scenery. The park was packed because of Spring Break, but luckily we were able to find a campsite.

5 comments:

Kierstin Bridger said...

Love the ikea table cloth, the s'more close-up and the joshua tree- looks like funzville!

sunny said...

Looks beautiful! Glad you had a good time!

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

Glad you had a good time! I wish you'd defined 'camping' though. Do you mean a 20 foot airstream type of trailer, a tent, or Marriott Courtyard? You're young so a tent may not be out of the question. :)

laure said...

Ha PJ--

We definitely camped in a tent, I slept outside because I don't like being inside of anything when there are so many stars to look at. It definitely got cold, I slept in all my clothes inside the sleeping bag and when we got up in the morning, our water bottles were half ice. Brrrr.

(La Cometa Lab.) said...

Oh, I also miss camping and Joshua Tree is stunning... I was there back in 1999 (glups, times goes by too quickly!)! Nice post!