6/24/08

My New Chairs


As though I don't already have plenty of chairs, I found these at my favorite thrift store (which for now I'm too protective over to share) and could not say no. They were $10 a piece. Seriously. I scored.

I'm going to go by Lincoln Fabrics and see what kind of vinyl they have to replace the orange. I'm torn about whether I should paint the wood or leave it sort of weathered looking. Maybe I'll spruce it up with some of these products.

In any case I've been wanting to mix more of my Parisian heritage into my mid century style to keep it interesting and this seems like a perfect start. What do you guys think?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a deal ! A very nice, very french addition. I'd suggest a thick canvas, or something your butt won't stick to*******umi

laure said...

good call umi, I'll look for an upholstery weight fabric...

Anonymous said...

For now I would spruce up the finish to maintain its mid-century vibe, then use the fabric to make it French. Personally I usually gravitate toward lighter colors but at Le Bon Marche I recently swooned over their upholstery of period armchairs in hot pinks and lime greens in velvety fabrics!

Oh, and congrats on the score. My fave thrift store is unfortunately no longer a secret after being "outed" by LA magazine. I hope they don't out yours!

Fifi Flowers said...

those are great chairs... I have a few of them... 4 I bought at a flea market where a restaurant was closing and selling all furniture... 2 my grandfather bought for me at an estate sale.
TIP (you probably already know)... retirement areas are always having estate sales and good prices!

Annie Crowninshield said...

they're great Laure. Have fun with them. Fabric isn't permanent or expensive so go bold or classic.

laure said...

I think I'm goin' bold baby!

cassandra said...

damn!!! those are EXACTLY what i've been looking for to go with the pair of metal ones i have. nice find!

Unknown said...

Great chairs, are they the famous Thonet chairs?