6/12/07

Pacific Dining Car




I was invited out to a very nice dinner at the Pacific Dining Car on Whilshire (another location downtown) and was intrigued by the decor. Very formal and heavy but with beautiful rich fabrics. I wouldn't call it California, but then again maybe I would. Perhaps it's a Los Angeles older than I can remember. The decor is so thorough that I had the sensation that I could be anywhere, but certainly not on Wilshire.

I was exploring their website and found that they started in 1921 in a train car right when Los Angeles was beginning to boom. If you're interested in Los Angeles history (like I am) you can find a nice summary of the development of Los Angeles on their website.

Pacific Dining Car
Santa Monica
2700 Wilshire Boulevard
Santa Monica, CA 90403

Downtown Los Angeles
1310 West 6th Street
Los Angeles, CA 90017

No comments: