4/17/07

Garden:New Plants


I have wonderful memories of my grandmother's garden. She spent her life there and it showed. She basically had an orchard with all kinds of citrus trees, plums, peaches, apricots, figs, avocados, and tomatoes. In honor of spring, and the memory of my grandma, I ponied up and bought a meyer lemon tree. The meyer is a dwarf variety so you can keep it in a pot (as long as you feed it well and give it enough sun and water). It produces fruit all year long and has a sweeter flavor so it's perfect for cooking and making lemonade. Some people even like to eat them like oranges. Look at all the blossoms, I can't wait to reap the rewards.





I also bought a couple of heirloom tomatoes. I am most excited about the green and yellow skinned 'zebra'. We'll see if these like their location.

No comments: