11/20/07

I'm grateful for...



I know it sounds cheesy but bear with me -- after listing all the things I want, I felt like I needed to balance thing out a bit and talk a little bit about all the great things I have in my life (like friends, family I get along with, ej, my kitty cat, my awesome apartment in an awesome location on the second floor with hardwood floors and crown moulding and a view, pretty things, my health -oh yeah, that!- my youth (sorta), ideas, my fingers and my toes, you guys get the idea)

Oh yeah, did I mention it's thanksgiving? My favorite holiday! None of the pressure of it being perfect but time off to hang out and notice your life for a moment instead of it whizzing by, good food, lots of time in the kitchen and a general feeling of goodwill since it's winter and the beginning of the real holidays.

So I'll be away until Sunday, celebrating. It's a long story but I will be enjoying a Vegan Thankksgiving for the first time. More on that later. I'll also drop a bombshell on everyone soon (it's a good-ish thing, really). And stay tuned for my first ever GIVEAWAY! Yay!

So thanks for reading, and if you would, tell me what you're most grateful for!

10 comments:

  1. Thanksgiving is awesome, because it's my birthday. Well, sometimes.

    Also, Tofurkey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11/21/2007

    Hey bob, it's my (sometimes) birthday too!

    Laure, I know of you from reading AT and I just stumbled upon your own wonderful blog through Making It Lovely. I like that it's about local stuff that I can easily access.

    I'm thankful for a roof above my head, a warm bed, a full belly, and a furry cuddly dog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're getting married!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thankful for Nat King Cole, cold air breathing through the window into a warm apartment (from making ducle de leche),a sleepy kitty on the rug, and nothing to look forward to but a big dinner and some new project runway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11/23/2007

    Hi Laure, hope you are having a lovely time with your mum. I'm greatful for my learning patience, my kitties, and my housekeeper who is coming today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11/24/2007

    That must be it! You're getting married! Just in time for the Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11/24/2007

    Happy Thanksgiving Sweet Laure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. keep guessing! No marriage plans yet ( though that would be terribly exciting news wouldn't it!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I know what the bombshell is....

    Or do I?

    ReplyDelete
  10. bob llama I think you do. I'm afraid this is getting way too built up!

    ReplyDelete